The Guilford Green & Surrounding Buildings
Part Two

P-109
Corner of Broad and State St E. Chapman Bishop's place. E. Chapman Bishop house 122 Broad St built in 1874. 1916

P-116
Post Road office Stone K. E. south end of Green, 25 Boston St. south end of Green Ana Kimberly house built 1821

P-120
65 Whitfield St west side of Green - former Methodist Church built in 1838. 1949

P-124
Trolley on Whitfield St looking north

p-127
The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co store at 25 Whitfield St in Hale Store building dated 1873

P-130
Moving of the first Congregation Church parsonage from Broad St to Conway Dr, 1964

P-133
Broad St north end of Green left to right First Congregational Church, Church Parsonage, Nathanial Johnson Jr. House

P-136
Hotel, corner Water and Whitfield streets opposite the Eliott House used to be the Kimball residence 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-139
Guilford Green, from the southwest corner 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-142
Residence and store of Henry Hale. Old home of William Todd Seward (r), also 25, 29 & 33 Whitfield St. Note rail fence around Green (Redfield Coll)

P-145
The Peoples Cash Store and proprietors residence, corner of Church and Broad Streets, fronting on north end of Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-148
View from Broad Street looking down (south) Whitfield Street, west side of the Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-151
Park St along east side of Green looking south, Jedidiah Lathrop House 55 Park St built 1822 on far left

P-154
Green, postcard

P-157
Razing of Dr. Thomas R. Pynchon house, Whitfield St., present site of St. George Church, May 1962

P-160
Elliot’s Guilford Shopping Center, Whitfield St, in the Music Hall building (2)

P-163
Upstairs bedroom in south end of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-166
Interior of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-169
Barkers Hotel, Whitfield and Water Streets (CH p.9)

P-172
Andrew Eliot House (CH built 1804) photo taken 1865 (CH p.9)

P-175
Daniel Collins House (on left, built 1772) and Shepard & Fowlers Store (right) on west side of Green. Note trolley tracks in foreground (c)

P-177
William Redfield House and Store (1751), Broad Street, looking east (CH p.14)

P-180
Congregational Parsonage & Church in rear (CH p.15)

P-183
in process of being demolished (CH p.15)

P-186
Carriage Sheds at North Church (c1830) removed by Charles Dudley. Sheds owned by a group, not the Church (CH p.24)

P-189
Rossiter-Betts House (1725) on south end of Green (CH p.29)

P-192
Dr. Jared Redfield House corner of Park and Boston St. (Now Guilford Savings Bank) 1780 #1 Park St (CHD album)

P-195
Looking south on Park St east side of the Green

P-198
Ben Franklin Store Whitfield St

P-201
Drug Store interior Monroe Pharmacy prescription counter just east of 11 Water St. at 5 Water St., 1895

P-204
Whitfield Street, west side of Green

P-207
First Congregational Church, 40 Broad St., August 21, 1972

P-210
Dr. John Redfield House, 1 Park St, built 1780

P-114
P-114 West side of Green, Whitfield St, Henry W. Chittenden house (left) present site of Catholic Church. Harriet Hunt Bryan (oversized) c1885

P-117
The Henry W. Chittenden Place, west side of Guilford Green, pre1885

P-123
Dec 19, 1968 Christmas tree lighting on the Green looking east from Whitfield St

P-125
September 1938 Looking west on Broad St after hurricane

P-128
Norton and Robert’s Ice wagon at town water trough intersection of Boston and Whitfield streets looking north, c1915

P-131
Interior of Monroe-Wedmore Store west side of Green in Kimberly Hall, c1900

P-134
Dr Thomas R. Pynchon house, 33 Whitfield st, west side of Green

P-137
The Elliott Houmstead, courner of Water and Whitfield St 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-140
East side of the Green, showing the Third Congregational Church and an old style dwelling 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-143
Residence of E.P.Dickie built on the old Chittenden Homestead, west side of Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-146
Residence of Miss Clara Sage, Broad Street, north end of Green and west of First Congregational Church, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-149
First Congregational Church, north end of Green, corner of Church and Broad St 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-152
Green, looking south on Whitfield St, postcard

P-155
Razing of Dr. Thomas R. Pynchon house, Whitfield St., present site of St. George Church, May 1962

P-158
Keeping room fireplace of Dan Collins house, The Greene Gallery, 21 Whitfield St

P-161
First Congregation Church, Broad St, 1939 Steeple repair

P-164
Interior of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-167
Interior of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-170
Bradley Tavern, at northwest corner of Green (CH p.9)

P-173
Looking toward northwest corner of Green (CH p.9)

P-175
Daniel Collins House (on left, built 1772) and Shepard & Fowlers Store (right) on west side of Green. Note trolley tracks in foreground (CH p.14)

P-178
Woodward Tavern (1794), torn down in 1925, Doudens Drug Store erected, Methodist Church at rear (CH p.14)

P-181
in process of being demolished (CH p.15)

P-184
Heli Hoadley House (1805) (CH p.16)

P-187
Dr. John Redfield House (1768), Park Street in 1937 taken down and rebuilt on Broad St (CH p.29)

P-190
Heli Hoadley House (1805) rear view (CH p.16)

P-193
Andrew Elliott House (1804) Boston St, south end of Green

P-196
Elisaph Bulter’s hardware store Boston St south side of Green

P-199
Monroe Building corner of Whitfield and Water St

P-202
Barn at site of Guilford Free Library 67 Park St

P-205
view of store front, on Green

P-208
Dr. John Redfield House, 1 Park St, built 1780

P-115
P-115 Looking south on Park St, east side of Green

P-118
Whitfield St west side of the Green. Guilford Food Center 77 Whitfield St being constructed on site of Deacon George Hill House. 21 Sep 51

P-124
Trolley on Whitfield St looking north (c)

P-126
Park St east side of Green L-R steeple of third Congregational Church, Heli Hoadley house, Dr John Redfield house, Christ Episcopal Church, Dr Jared Redfield house

P-129
E. Chapman Bishop house on corner of Broad and State Sts

P-132
Boston St south end of Green l-r Andrew Eliot, A&P store, Markham Store house, Josiah Rossiter

P-135
Residence of George S Davis courner of Whitefield & Boston St 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-138
Park Street ftrom Boston Street with part of the Green on left 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-141
Whitfield St west side of Green with market, stores & Methodist Church. Signs L.L. Rowland, Landon & Davis, Savings Bank (Redfield Coll)

P-144
Southeast corner of Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-147
Town Hall and Episcopal Church, east side of the Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll.)

P-150
Soldier’s Monument on the Green, 1897 (Redfield Coll)

P-153
Green, colorized postcard

P-156
Razing of Dr. Thomas R. Pynchon house, Whitfield St., present site of St. George Church, May 1962

P-159
Dan Collins house, The Greene Gallery, 21 Whitfield St, postcard

P-162
Charles Hubbard attic studio Heli Hoadley house 37 Park St (2)

P-165
Interior of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-168
Interior of Charles Hubbards home (CH p.7)

P-171
William Redfield house and store viewed across northeast corner of Green (CH built 1751) (CH p.9)

P-174
North Church (CH built 1830) (CH p.9)

P-176
Abial Eliot House (1726) (CH p.14)

P-179
Nathaniel Johnson, Jr. House (1760), Broad Street (CH p.15)

P-182
in process of being demolished (CH p.15)

P-185
William Redfield Store (93 State St), North Church (110), Parsonage Nath.Johnson Jr. House, Sam.Eliot (1803) right rear 1 State St – Winter snow (CH p.23)

P-188
Dr. John Redfield House 1768 #31 Park St. In 1937 taken down & rebuilt on Broad St.” Stood just south of Town Hall. Rebuilt at 47 Broad St. (CHD album p29)

P-191
Elias Cadwell House (1763), corner Boston and Whitfield Sts, removed to Water St in 1958 (CHD album)

P-194
l-r Jedediah Lathrop house built 1822 55 Park St, third Cong. Church 1844 49 Park St, and 43 Park St Stephen Spence house 1750

P-197
Interior of J. Harrison Monroe’s Pharmacy, 5 Water St, east end of Norton Brick Block, 1895

P-200
looking north on Whitfield St west side of Green

P-203
Whitfield Street, west side of Green

P-206
Signpost in front of Town Hall

P-209
First Congregational Church, 40 Broad St., August 21, 1972



