top of page

Medad Stone Tavern Museum 171 Three Mile Course Guilford

Map of Tavern property drawn in 1933 by Len Hubbard

The Medad Stone Tavern Museum was built in 1803 by Medad Stone to serve as a Tavern. He had built it away from the town green because he thought the Boston Post Road would be rerouted. As it was not rerouted that way, it never opened. For almost 200 years it was farmed by the Davis family. In 2001 Leonard Davis Hubbard bequeathed the Tavern to the Guilford Keeping Society. The GKS restored the Tavern to what it was in 1803 and opened it as "the Tavern that opened 200 years late". The building has 14 rooms and 10 fireplaces.The property also holds a barn, corn crib and extensive fields. It is located at 171 Three Mile Course.

Original stenciling found in the Tavern Long Room.

bottom of page